Open floor plans are huge in interior design right now, but they can be tricky to decorate. Make your open floor plan in your Guelph home seamless with these open plan flooring tips:
• Use one material as much as possible throughout the open areas
• If you have porcelain tile in your kitchen, don’t extend it through to your living room
• Use natural stone if it’s necessary to have the same flooring material in your kitchen and living room
• Try to stay away from highly contrasting floors between open plan spaces
• Choose durable flooring materials
Check out some of our tips for transitioning between different wood floors!