We know that choosing the right hardwood floor for your home or space can be overwhelming, so we’ve made a list of the most popular species of hardwood to make your decision a little easier!
• Ash – often used for light coloured floors, it’s regarded as being tough and durable; it’s also a more cost-effective option
• Hickory – more often seen in rustic homes or cabins and can stand up to a lot of foot traffic; versatile for many styles
• Pine – has lots of character (pins and knots) and is softer on feet than other hardwoods; not the cheapest but not the most expensive
• Cherry – easy to maintain but scratches easily; cherry wood darkens as it ages
• Brazilian Cherry – known for its deep burgundy colour, it’s similar to ash in its hardness
• Walnut – one of the most beautiful hardwood options, it’s soft and one of the most expensive; comes in light to dark chocolate brown
• Maple – one of the most popular and well-known wood species; it’s often used in bowling alleys so you know it’s tough!
• Red/white oak – oak is the most common species with a tight grain pattern; red oaks have a slight reddish undertine while the white has a silver-grey cast
Check out our wide selection of hardwood floors here.