Whether you have a small bedroom, kitchen, living room or any other small space in your home, try some of these flooring tips for making your room look bigger.
1) Select flooring planks instead of strips; flooring planks are any floor boards that measure 3″ in width or wider
2) Lay your flooring diagonally, whether you’re using hardwood, laminate or ceramic tiles
3) Some species of dark hardwood make a room look bigger, paired with the right wall colour and trim; choose a cool paint colour and a walnut or cherry hardwood
4) If installing ceramic, natural stone or any other kind of tile flooring, select tiles larger than the standard 12″ size
5) Keep the flooring in adjacent spaces the same to avoid breaking up the space even more
Need more tips for making your space look bigger? Try Bigelow Flooring’s tips for decorating with rugs!