When we think of flooring, whether it’s hardwood, laminate, carpet or anything else, we usually think of neutral shades and natural colours. But if you want something a little bit different, choosing a colour for your floor can be a great way to add some personality to your space. Just keep some of these tips in mind.
• Make sure the rest of your room is fairly neutral
• Use a large, brightly coloured rug in the centre of the room for a less permanent look
• Install some brightly coloured tile in your bathroom as a focal point
• Be careful not to choose anything too trendy; you want something that will have lasting style
• Pick pillows and other accents that are different shades of the same colour or are complementary
Your home should always be a reflection of your personality. Don’t be afraid to experiment and do something different!
Try checking out our gallery for more inspiration!