There are a number of reasons why an area rug can make a great addition to a room.
1. They’re practical
2. They provide warmth over concrete, tile, or wood flooring
3. They’re provide great cushioning when walking or sitting on them
4. They can be used as a focal point of the room
Before you run out and choose an area rug for your home there are a few things you need to take into consideration. Just like other flooring options, area rugs are not a “one size fits all” item. The style and design of your room will play a huge part on what type of rug that is best suited to the room.
The designers at HGTV have outlined a few tips to consider when when choosing an area rug for your room:
• The area rug should be the focal point of the room so make sure you choose one that will provide enough space for the future in the room
• Try placing the rug at an angle so it provides an anchor for the room without overpowering or under whelming
• Bold patterns, such as abstract designs with lots of colours, on a small rug can make the room look larger
• If you’re using a area rug in a dining room, choose one the same shape as your table and centre your future on it
To read the rest of the tips, check out the full article here: http://www.hgtv.com/design/decorating/design-101/choosing-the-best-area-rug-for-your-space
If you’re looking for more information on area rug options for your home, give us a call. Our team will help you find the perfect rug for your home.